Firstly, I’m posting this video as a public frieken service. I went to Kat Von D’s book signing and I sat next to a guy who must’ve been about 18. He was flipping through Kat Von D’s book “GO BIG OR GO HOME”, which is beautiful. It has some of the most gorgeous pictures. Anyway, he lands on a picture of Jeffree Star who has Elvis, Kurt Cobain and Audrey Hepburn tattooed on his chest. The kid says to me “I know Elvis and the lady from Breakfast at Tiffany’s but I don’t know who that guy is. I shockingly looked at him and said “Kurt Cobain, smells like teen spirit, he’s a legend.” He looked at me blankly an I totally felt my age. So here’s the video for all the youngins’.
Anyway I got to meet Kat Von D. I love her because she’s this fierce ball of creativity. She has a tattoo shop, an art gallery, a make up line, a clothing line and she has a CD coming out soon. She’s a CREATIVE MONSTER! I love being around people like that. Most of my close friends are a bunch of weirdos but are the most highly creative, interesting people I know.
Yes, that’s me with the excitement of a 12 year old.
Now, talking about insanely creative out of this world people my friend “Jenilovesretro” did my new ombre hair. I’ve known her since I was 17. I wanted a change badly. I was such a difficult client. I told “Do whatever you want to my hair, but don’t cut too much off and don’t damage it with hair dye.” Basically I was giving her full permission to give me a trim. But she is a genius and also rocks purple hair. This is what she did-
I love it because she only dyed the ends, and I still have virgin undyed hair on the top of my head. Check out her instagram here
Lastly, I want to let you in on some of my new favorite beauty products. They’re super cheap
ALL UNDER $5 (EXCEPT FOR ONE, but it’s worth it!!)
1. TRADER JOE’S TEA TREE FACE WASH- Makes me feel super clean and tingly. Follow up with product #2
2. TRADER JOE’S Coconut oil and I dont use this for cooking. I have very dry cheeks. I use it as moisturizer and the best part is it doesnt leave a greasy mess as one may think. It pretty much absorbs into your skin naturally and it smells like HEAVEN.
3. CHARLOTTE RONSON fragrance roller ball oil $13 at Sephora. The smell is so DIVINE. It’s like the beach, sunscreen and summer all rolled into one fragrance. When work is stressing me out I just sniff my wrists and make-believe I’m in Fiji under a waterfall relaxing. Love this one!!!
4. MAYBELINE #978 AMETHYST ABLAZE. This is a purple lipstick and every time I wear it girls want to know where i bought it. Its Maybeline and its cheap. Less that $5.
5. REVELON #008 Candy Pink lipstick. It’s perfect for the office and for quick light touch ups.
6. NK #925 Dont know why its called POWER PLUM because it’s actually bright orange and it looks awesome if your feeling daring.(You find these at the DOLLAR STORES)
7. Physicians Formula lip plumper (Got it at Jacks for $2.99) It tingles and it works for about an hour. I wear this on the days Im feeling Hollywood.
Till next time,